Safari Club International - Northeast Indiana Chapter
Recognizing my responsibilities to wildlife, habitat and future generations, I pledge:
- To conduct myself in the field so as to make a positive contribution to wildlife and ecosystems;
- To improve my skills as a woodsman and marksman to ensure humane harvesting of wildlife;
- To comply with all game law, in the spirit of fair chase, and to influence my companions accordingly;
- To accept my responsibility to provide all possible assistance to game law enforcement officers;
- To waste no opportunity to teach young people the full meaning of this code of ethics;
- To reflect in word and behavior only credit upon the fraternity of sportsmen, and to demonstrate abiding respect for game, habitat and property where I am privileged to hunt.
Safari Club International is the leader in protecting the freedom to hunt and in promoting wildlife conservation worldwide.
- Providing value to members by shaping policies and legislation that protect the freedom to hunt locally, nationally and internationally.
- Keeping members informed regarding issues that impact hunting while educating and entertaining members with engaging articles about the rich heritage of hunting in all forms of media.
- Providing a community for hunters worldwide where camaraderie is enjoyed and expert information is exchanged, and where members are able to participate in a market for quality hunting goods and services.
- Promoting a positive image of hunters and portraying them as responsible citizens who fund wildlife conservation, education and other programs which benefit the community.
The missions of the SCI Foundation are conservation of wildlife, education of the public concerning hunting and its use as a conservation tool, and humanitarian services.
- To advocate, preserve and protect the rights of all hunters;
- To promote safe, legal and ethical hunting and engage in related activities;
- Engage in advocacy within the limits imposed by law and regulation, to monitor, support, or otherwise take positions on local, national and international legislative, endeavors that foster and promote these stated purposes;
- To promote, establish and conduct scientific and biological studies regarding the wild animal species and populations of the world; to learn more of their genealogy, habitat and environmental requirements, in an effort to provide a sound scientific basis for evaluation of management practices for such wild animal species;
- To collect, organize and distribute educational information and data regarding the animal species and populations of the world;
- To inform and educate the public concerning sport hunting and related activities;
- To provide charitable donations to other organizations or to individuals pursuing the same or similar goals as those of the SCI Foundation; and
- To undertake activities permitted by law to publicly-supported organizations exempt from taxation under Section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code of the United States of America, and to receive or make contributions which are deductible for federal income, estate and gift tax purposes.